Thursday, August 23, 2007

almost forgot....~

I left some things off my wish list.... Sorry to seem so greedy but if you were here you'd understand ! lol
I just realized that i have been breathing in toxic fumes everynight in the form of my kerosene lantern when i read. So if anyone has the kind enough heart to send a coleman type led lantern(full size) i would love you forever.. (helps me ruduce my carbon footprint too!)
Something similar to this would work fine.... anything as long as it doesn't send toxic fumes up my nose... :)
http://www.summitcampinggear.com/coledsela.html
that is just one site.. i'm sure there are many other sites to find it on....

and also, q-tips would be great too!(ear wax builds up here so quick.. no joking either.. its a problem!)
and any kahki shorts , about knee length with cargo pockets are always good too(size 34)

and a private jet, and... j/k

This week has been pretty good.. Got a few things done around the bure.. starting to beautify it on the outside now with some landscaping.....
Attended a Tourism Board meeting Yesterday with most of the Hotel and Resort managers to organize a national tourism Day for the island of taveuni... Met some great and very generous resort owners.. Its a pretty tight community around the island.....
So as part of the national Tourism day here on Taveuini, we plan on making a Brand New 180th meridian sign and having ceremony for the new sign as well as a Meke competition (Native Fijian Dance) for the tourists.. FIJI ONE should be there as well to broadcast the event. They aare the only tv station in Fiji.....
Hope as is well with everyone back home!!!!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Hey Matt!

No promises, but I think I have convinced Ben that we need a vacation in Fiji! We usually take one big trip a year, and in September we are off to Dusseldorf, Germany and then to London, UK. So Fiji will be our trip in 2008 - probably over the Christmas - New Years time frame. That way we can use vacation time from 08 and 09 and make it a longer trip.

I will check with Debbie to find out what things on your wish list have already been sent, and see what I can do. I didn't win the lotto, so no laptop... but I might be able to swing the lantern.

Oh - and if no one else will eat bat with you... I'll give it a try!

Cheers,

Nate
natebright@rogers.com