Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So my Fijian is Coming along Slowly.. I can converse a little better now... I am going Snorkelling on one of the reefs later today.. I will know on July 4th where i will be placed Permanently for the next 2 years... My village is hosting the event and there wil be a huge festival, with native dancing, tons of food, and the US Ambasador is coming over to celebate with us. I bunch of us Peace Corps volunteers got our picture taken by the FIJI SUN newspaper on Monday!!! So i'm already famous here! lol I leave on Saturday for a remote village in the Interior called Namosi Village. I am staying there for a couple nights with a few other volunteers to experience village life in another place. Issac, another Peace Corps volunteer is hosting us since it is His Village.Its alot colder up there and there are waterfalls and Mountains.. Apparently a plane crashed into one of the mountans a few years back because of cloud cover.So we started out as a group of 30 and now there are just 28 of us , as 2 have went home.... hopefully all of us can make it through the next 2 years but stats would say not. Guess we will see.. we have a pretty good group. And just to let people know if you put a comment on here make sure you leave an email address so i can write you back.. For some reason it won't let me write back on here...
Keep the comments comng.. it def helps.....!!!

1 comment:

Katie Beach said...

Hey at least you are not one of the two who has dropped out. I hope you enjoy(ed) the village experience...maybe your Fijan will develop better away from the beach. Do you have a Fijan wife yet? We miss you.